News / Food
Gazpacho, perfect to beat the heat of summer
When the heat starts in Spain, it is difficult to think about preparing heavy meals. For this reason, the gazpacho is the perfect dish to mitigate the high temperatures and eat healthy all summer. It is also very easy to prepare. Have a look!
- 6 large ripe tomatoes, fleshy
- 2 green peppers
- 1 cucumber
- One heart large onion, 1 clove garlic (optional)
- 2 slices of day-old bread without the crust (optional)
- Salt, extra virgin olive oil, vinegar
20 minutes preparation time
1. If you decide to put bread into your gazpacho, put the bread slices to soak. Put them in a bowl with water to cover, adding a little salt and oil. Save it.
2. Peel and chop the tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, onion and garlic.
3. Place all ingredients into the mixer (in a batch or in several batches depending on the amount), a good amount of oil, add a little water and blend until creamy.
4. Add the bread with water, vinegar and blend again until everything is minced and emulsified.
5. Add cold water and mix well. Check the salt and vinegar.
6. Pass through a strainer or a masher to remove the skin of the pepper.
7. Add more water if necessary, the gazpacho has to be liquid cream texture. Place in the refrigerator until it will get the desired temperature.
8. Serve with a garnish of diced raw cucumber, bread (plain or toasted), pepper and onion.
Tip: If you're daring, try the gazpacho with a few cooked shrimp or shaved ham, it is great!
The gazpacho smells like summer! Enjoy!
During goLOLA courses in Mallorca we organize cooking sessions and learn how to make a delicious gazpacho. We hope to see you!